Mercurial V2 [preview] Mercurial V2 [preview]

Dude I love the atmosphere you have in this song. It is so creepy and I love it. The breaks of silence are a nice touch to add some breathing room. It seems really well mixed as usual (maybe better than ever tbh). Maybe the only thing I can suggest is the downspiral bass you transition into (which is totally badass) could maybe use just a touch of a boot at the low end. The snare would stand out a bit more I think with just a tiny tiny tiny boost in the midhigh range. I am honestly just knitpicking here. You got a great song on your hands. Keep it up.

DarkBlueFX responds:

I can always count on you to point out good improvements and pad my ego.

Thanks! I get mixed messages about this song, it's a bit weird for some and some really like it. Funny you say the mixing is good because I haven't even gotten to a mixing pass yet, guess I got lucky with the way the elements were laid out.

Adding a sub did improve the downward spiral thing, good suggestion!

-Break the Sync- -Break the Sync-

I at first, thought the part at 2:15 was over done and had too much going on. Then I realized it was actually great. It almost could of sounded like garbage if most people tried to do what you did, but you somehow made a fantastic bass heavy track with a lightning fast melody that then gets flipped at 3:00- (my fav part) into a wonky glitch-hop. Love this track, Im gonna send it to my friend since I know he will dig this.

Oxytoxic [preview] Oxytoxic [preview]

This totally reminds me of some Kill the Noise. This is the kind of stuff I love to crank up and work to. Keep up this awesome heavy stuff with the good melodies you seem to nail perfect each time. This is the kind of music I have always wanted to make with my friend under SDP. You just continue to make songs I wish I had the talent to make. Really good work, I'm betting you'll get a label's attention if you keep up this work.

DarkBlueFX responds:

Aww you so nice! Thank you! Yeah I used to listen to Kill the Noise a lot back when I started this song, maybe it was an unintentional inspiration. Don't sell yourself short, you have talent and you have found your own sound which not many people are able to do and that is the main reason I listen to your music. Keep in mind this took over 2 years (on and off) of work. Each section was the best of five ideas which became a lot of trial and error.

Thanks again!

Circuit Circuit

Awesome.

Illustration Friday 7 - City Illustration Friday 7 - City

Good composition, with a good focal point. I think the wings need a tad bit more fine work. I love the bridge and how it is faint in the fog. Good use of saturated colors. keep it up!

PS:I feel like a jerk since i cant draw anywhere near this good and yet im trying to provide feedback.

henlp responds:

No, no. The feedback is greatly appreciated, especially on this assignment. If I'm being forced to participate in the Illustration Friday thing every week, might as well know what I did wrong or what I did right.

Radical Radish Radical Radish

Reminds me of something from Monsters Inc with a really cool Tim Burton vibe, and cool shading.

ManuelTacoface responds:

As much as I love Pixar and Tim Burton, the similarities were unintentional, but I see what you mean. If there was any artist, however, that I had in mind while doing this was Romero Britto, who inspired the way I did the patterns. Anyway, thanks for the positive rev man and be sure to follow me as well!