Shock Therapy [Rough Mix] Shock Therapy [Rough Mix]

Fantastic work as usual! Great energy and the odd samples grew on me pretty dang fast. Can't wait to hear it when you think it's done.

DarkBlueFX responds:

:3 thx my dood, first impressions are still valuable though don't get me wrong, they are definitely more representative in how people will react generally.

Can't wait to hear what you put out for the competition

The Raining [A4753] The Raining [A4753]

Great work. I love the transition at 0:43. Really mixed well and sounds very professional on my speakers at least.

A4753 responds:

Thanks man, I'm happy to hear it!

Mercurial V2 [preview] Mercurial V2 [preview]

Dude I love the atmosphere you have in this song. It is so creepy and I love it. The breaks of silence are a nice touch to add some breathing room. It seems really well mixed as usual (maybe better than ever tbh). Maybe the only thing I can suggest is the downspiral bass you transition into (which is totally badass) could maybe use just a touch of a boot at the low end. The snare would stand out a bit more I think with just a tiny tiny tiny boost in the midhigh range. I am honestly just knitpicking here. You got a great song on your hands. Keep it up.

DarkBlueFX responds:

I can always count on you to point out good improvements and pad my ego.

Thanks! I get mixed messages about this song, it's a bit weird for some and some really like it. Funny you say the mixing is good because I haven't even gotten to a mixing pass yet, guess I got lucky with the way the elements were laid out.

Adding a sub did improve the downward spiral thing, good suggestion!

-Break the Sync- -Break the Sync-

I at first, thought the part at 2:15 was over done and had too much going on. Then I realized it was actually great. It almost could of sounded like garbage if most people tried to do what you did, but you somehow made a fantastic bass heavy track with a lightning fast melody that then gets flipped at 3:00- (my fav part) into a wonky glitch-hop. Love this track, Im gonna send it to my friend since I know he will dig this.

Oxytoxic [preview] Oxytoxic [preview]

This totally reminds me of some Kill the Noise. This is the kind of stuff I love to crank up and work to. Keep up this awesome heavy stuff with the good melodies you seem to nail perfect each time. This is the kind of music I have always wanted to make with my friend under SDP. You just continue to make songs I wish I had the talent to make. Really good work, I'm betting you'll get a label's attention if you keep up this work.

DarkBlueFX responds:

Aww you so nice! Thank you! Yeah I used to listen to Kill the Noise a lot back when I started this song, maybe it was an unintentional inspiration. Don't sell yourself short, you have talent and you have found your own sound which not many people are able to do and that is the main reason I listen to your music. Keep in mind this took over 2 years (on and off) of work. Each section was the best of five ideas which became a lot of trial and error.

Thanks again!

Find Your Groove Find Your Groove

Really nice use of bass wobbles you got going. The drums are pretty good but the snare/clap sounds a bit dead. You can fix this with some reverb on them and adding a spike in the mid/high area in the mix. Keep it up.

Delcherro responds:

Thanks! I guess I was focusing too much on the wobbles, I forgot to pay attention to the snare XD Thanks for feedback!

wtf_001 wtf_001

Reminds me of a more casual Flying Lotus song. I think you could make it a 3/4 minute song if you wanted. I feel like the The intro is missing something. With the long intro note I think some background vinyl noise would support the feeling of the track.

Consider making it a full song since you could have some nifty breakdowns with the elements you have already sounding disjointed in a good way.

HarraH responds:

this track was more me expression my lack of creativity or inspiration, while ironically being an artistic portrayal of such. i don't think ill work on it anymore because its weak and bad but thanks.
other people have mentioned flying lotus in the past which is interesting because i find it more contrived than my real influences (boards of Canada, aphex twin etc.).... i guess i'm lacking the genius to be relatable to them yet

Fendroca - Slayer the Fourth Fendroca - Slayer the Fourth

Awesome job mate. The monophonic lead with the slide works really well in the beginning with it adding a bunch of tension without it being annoying like a police siren or anything like that. The drums are mixed pretty much perfect. I can sort of hear the (im guessing) slayer guitar vst. This is actually pretty easy to fix. You can make it more unique by taking off the settings and adding a distortion vst to get a more realistic tone. Fantastic work!

Fendroca responds:

Wow you managed to hear most of the things I put in here.. And in great Detail! I'm quite surprised to meet someone like you in here hahaha.

Thanks for that amazing attention to detail review.

You were correct though, it was indeed the Slayer Guitar VST.

Glitch Glitch

Don't let the harsh ratings get to you at all. I think the song could be improved really easily. First I don't think I would label it Dubstep, maybe just experimental. You show some really good talent with the melody and the rise works pretty well. I think you could get a really nice heavy sound if you had more of a "Umph" in the kick by taking the parametric EQ and taking off some of the top of the drums and boosting the low and mid. The little bell is nice but I think it may be too loud. Sorry if this came off as bashing you, but I really like what you are doing and you should keep it up.

MCFStudios responds:

Thanks! I'm not taking any offense at all. I appreciate any advice to help me improve and learn.

Transparency Transparency

Reminds me of joe hisaishi, and that is one of the best compliments a musician can get!

TheDukesDepot responds:

You're right! It is! ^^ Thank you.