Cream Cream

I mean David Firth is sort of the David Lynch of Newgrounds, how could you not love it?

Shock Therapy [Rough Mix] Shock Therapy [Rough Mix]

Fantastic work as usual! Great energy and the odd samples grew on me pretty dang fast. Can't wait to hear it when you think it's done.

DarkBlueFX responds:

:3 thx my dood, first impressions are still valuable though don't get me wrong, they are definitely more representative in how people will react generally.

Can't wait to hear what you put out for the competition

The Raining [A4753] The Raining [A4753]

Great work. I love the transition at 0:43. Really mixed well and sounds very professional on my speakers at least.

A4753 responds:

Thanks man, I'm happy to hear it!

Mercurial V2 [preview] Mercurial V2 [preview]

Dude I love the atmosphere you have in this song. It is so creepy and I love it. The breaks of silence are a nice touch to add some breathing room. It seems really well mixed as usual (maybe better than ever tbh). Maybe the only thing I can suggest is the downspiral bass you transition into (which is totally badass) could maybe use just a touch of a boot at the low end. The snare would stand out a bit more I think with just a tiny tiny tiny boost in the midhigh range. I am honestly just knitpicking here. You got a great song on your hands. Keep it up.

DarkBlueFX responds:

I can always count on you to point out good improvements and pad my ego.

Thanks! I get mixed messages about this song, it's a bit weird for some and some really like it. Funny you say the mixing is good because I haven't even gotten to a mixing pass yet, guess I got lucky with the way the elements were laid out.

Adding a sub did improve the downward spiral thing, good suggestion!

Circuit Circuit

Awesome.

Illustration Friday 7 - City Illustration Friday 7 - City

Good composition, with a good focal point. I think the wings need a tad bit more fine work. I love the bridge and how it is faint in the fog. Good use of saturated colors. keep it up!

PS:I feel like a jerk since i cant draw anywhere near this good and yet im trying to provide feedback.

henlp responds:

No, no. The feedback is greatly appreciated, especially on this assignment. If I'm being forced to participate in the Illustration Friday thing every week, might as well know what I did wrong or what I did right.

Radical Radish Radical Radish

Reminds me of something from Monsters Inc with a really cool Tim Burton vibe, and cool shading.

ManuelTacoface responds:

As much as I love Pixar and Tim Burton, the similarities were unintentional, but I see what you mean. If there was any artist, however, that I had in mind while doing this was Romero Britto, who inspired the way I did the patterns. Anyway, thanks for the positive rev man and be sure to follow me as well!